[omniORB] omniorb and classic iostream problems?

baileyk at schneider.com baileyk at schneider.com
Tue Jun 22 16:15:00 BST 2004

The omniORB libraries don't use C++ iostreams at all.  I believe iostreams
is used in omniNames, and probably in some of the utility programs such as
catior.  I've compiled omniORB on Solaris 2.8 with CC v5.3 using standard
iostreams compiler settings and linked the libraries to some applications
that use classic iostreams and other applications that use standard
iostreams.  So whichever iostreams you want to use in your own code, you
should be able to link your apps to omniORB libraries.

Good luck,
Kendall

                      "Torsello, Dustin L."
                      <dtorsell at telcordia.com>             To:       "'omniorb-list at omniorb-support.com'"
                      Sent by:                              <omniorb-list at omniorb-support.com>
                      omniorb-list-bounces at omniorb-        cc:
                      support.com                          Subject:  [omniORB] omniorb and classic iostream problems?

                      06/22/2004 12:11 PM

Hello -

(If the following is a newbie question, my apologies...)

I am interested to know if there are known issues with building omniOrb
using classic iostreams.  We are using version 4.0.3 and building for
Solaris 2.8 with Sun CC compiler version 5.3.  We are having some general
issues regarding classic vs standard iostreams and I wanted make sure the
option to go to classic iostreams (and still use omniOrb) was available.

Thanks in advance.

- Dustin