[omniORB] A few questions OmniORB

yateen joshi yjoshi at nulinkinc.com
Fri Jun 18 16:43:05 BST 2004

Hi,

Can I know if following features of ORB are available with OmniORB?
(short answers will be enough). I have tried to look in to various docs, but thought that this will be the best and fastest way to get most reliable information.

1. Callback
2. Notifications
3. Does it support single as well as multithreaded environment?
4. Does it support pluggable reactor and transport?
5. Does it have oneway support?
6. Does it have runtime license checks?
7. Does it support C++ STL and design patterns binging?
8. Is it compatible with LINUX on MIPS?
9. Does it support global as well as per request timeout?
10. Does it have Unicode support?
11. Does it support required to work across firewalls?
12. Does it have naming service and server load balancing service?

Any help in this matter is very much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Yateen V. Joshi