[omniORB] MS VC++ 6.0 // unresolved links

James E Taylor james.e.taylor at db.com
Fri Jun 18 10:17:08 BST 2004

Thanks, Ameya,

I tried using the file but it didn't seem to do the trick.

Some further investigation shows that the symbols VC++ is looking for are in the static versions of the libraries (e.g. omniORB4_rt.lib) instead of the dynamic versions.

I've set the code generation type to "Multithreaded Debug DLL" and I'm using the 403_rtd.lib versions of the libraries.  Is there anything else I need to do to make VC++ use the correct libraries and calling conventions?

Regards,
James

                      "Ameya Virkar"
                      <virkar at stee.st.c        To:       James E Taylor/DMGIT/DMG UK/DeuBa at DMG UK
                      om.sg>                   cc:       <omniorb-list at omniorb-support.com>
                                               Subject:  RE: [omniORB] MS VC++ 6.0  //  unresolved links
                      17/06/04 02:12
                      Please respond to
                      virkar

Hello James,

Few months back, I had experienced a similar issue (it was actually memory
leak). I requested omniORB users to send me a sample VC++ Workspace file.
After using the sample Workspace file, I was able to solve my problem. Maybe
you can also do the same. Here's the link to the workspace file

http://www.omniorb-support.com/pipermail/omniorb-list/attachments/20040130/1
a84ac79/client-0002.obj

You can get details by browsing the discussion thread at:
http://www.omniorb-support.com/pipermail/omniorb-list/2004-January/024942.ht
ml

Regards,
Ameya Virkar