[omniORB] Cannot instantiate abstract class in Win32 omniorb

Luke Deller ldeller at xplantechnology.com
Tue Jun 15 10:43:47 BST 2004

Xueming Wu wrote:
> My CORBA programs were developed in MS Visual C++ .Net.
> I'm using OmniORB 4.0.3 on Windows 2000. When I compiled
> the programs, I got the following error:
>
> d:\arc_dev\SpatialInfo\SpatialInfoObject_Server.cpp(101): error C2259:
> 'SpatialInfoObject_i' : cannot instantiate abstract class.
>
> I also tried to use Visual c++ 6.0. I got the same error.

This error can occur when you forget to add a method to your servant
implementation class for one of the operations defined in IDL, or when you
add a method with the wrong parameter types.

The error message from Visual C++ should include further information about
which abstract virtual method was not overridden. Look for messages labelled
"C4259" with the message "pure virtual function was not defined".

Regards,
Luke.