[omniORB] Exiting from ORB::run()

Clarke Brunt clarke.brunt at yeomannavigation.co.uk
Wed Jun 9 12:29:56 BST 2004

Exiting from ORB::run()> Do someone knows another way than ORB::shutdown()
to release a call to ORB::run() ?

No - I don't know, so maybe this answer won't help :-)

But, at least in the case of omniORB, I believe that the run() method does
nothing other than block (until shutdown is called). The upcalls to servants
take place on other threads.

So you don't need to call run() at all. You can do other things in your main
thread, or use a blocking method of your own.

--
Clarke Brunt, Principal Software Engineer, Yeoman Navigation