[omniORB] omniidl and Python 2.3

Luke Deller ldeller at xplantechnology.com
Sat Jun 5 10:21:29 BST 2004

Visscher, Bruce wrote:
> What is the status of omniidl and Python 2.3?

I'm using omniORB 4.0.3 with Python 2.3.x, and it works fine (except
that CORBA booleans are still often received as python int's, which has
caused me no problems).

> Here, I'm using PVCS on omniORB 3.0.4, but from browsing the CVS repository,
> it looks like the relevant line of code has survived as in the omniORB 3.0.4.

I don't think that omniORB 3 is being maintained still, which explains
the lack of support for current python versions.  Are you able to
upgrade to omniORB 4?

Regards,
Luke.