[omniORB] OmniORB: firewall/iptables connection problems

Thomas Amsler tpamsler at ucdavis.edu
Wed Jul 28 09:45:47 BST 2004

Hello,

I am running an omniORB/omniNotify based server application on Linux
Fedora Core1. When I have iptables enabled, allowing access to the
application port, clients cannot connect to the server. I was wondering
if I need to enable any other ports in iptables to get it to work again.
I used to run the same application server on RedHat 9 with iptables
enabled and it worked fine there. Does any of you have experienced
similar problems?

Best,
--Thomas