[omniORB] python cgi and bidirectional giop

Janie Mehew janie.mehew at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 14:37:44 BST 2004

Hello,

I have a situation where I have a number of remote ORBs connecting to
a server from behind firewalls and keeping the connection open with
bidirectional GIOP so they can receive commands back from the server.
This server is written in C++ using OmniORB.  I now need to make it so
that clients can view the status of these remote machines and send
them commands through a web browser.  The web server will be on the
same machine as the "server" process that receives and maintains CORBA
connections to the remote machines.  I want to use OmniORBpy for the
cgi that handles the web-based end of things.

I am trying to decide the most efficient way to do this.  I have only
just started using CORBA and so do not completely understand the ins
and outs of it but am I correct in thinking it won't be as easy as
having the CGI get a reference to the remote object from the c++
"server" process and re-using its already-open connection?

Thanks,

Janie