[omniORB] transports

Renzo Tomaselli renzo.tomaselli at tecnotp.it
Tue Jul 20 17:06:46 BST 2004

Hi all,
    I'm adding my own transport to OmniORB 4.03 for security reasons.
I have a question, though: in ior.cc, we have a couple of static sequence
arrays named my_alternative_addr and my_ssl_addr.
They cover related needs for adding profiles for multiple tcp addresses and
ssl.
But they increase their length each time a new ior has to include related
component profiles, in add_TAG_ALTERNATE_IIOP_ADDRESS and
add_TAG_SSL_SEC_TRANS.
Then the ior is finally assembled by a proper interceptor in
insertSupportedComponents().
Fine, but when are those sequences reset to a zero length ? Never, as far as
I could see.
This lead me thinking that in those two cases we should have components grow
up indefinetely as long as new iors are built.
Where is the trick ?
Thanks,

Renzo Tomaselli