[omniORB] Mingw32 patch

Rafael de Pelegrini Soares rafael at rps.eng.br
Tue Jul 20 11:54:12 BST 2004

Hi Slater,

Al Slater wrote:

>Hi Rafael.
>
>I would be very interested in receiving pre-compiled version of omniOrb
>for mingw.
>
>Is this omniorb dependent on msys or just on windows libraries?

It depends only on the native windows libraries but you will need gcc
(mingw) to link with it.
In order to link with the libraries just put 'lib/*.a' somewhere your
linker can found then and
use -lomniORB4 -lomnithread, sometimes you will need -lomniDynamic4.

>How would you like to provide the release to me?

Of course, you can get it at www.rps.eng.br/pub/omniORB-4.0.3-mingw.tar.gz

This tarball contains the libraries ready to use at the lib directory.

By the way, my disk quota is almost full and I will need to remove the
pack in feel days,
where could I upload this tarball?

[]'s