[omniORB] SSL server authentication only

Ben Cullen Ben.Cullen at trema.com
Fri Jul 16 13:16:11 BST 2004

Hello All

Is it possible to use omniORB SSL to authenticate the server side only?
In other words, the client has a certification authority certificate
(which is used to authenticate the server), but it does not have a
client certificate. I found an old mail in the archive which suggests
that this configuration is not possible:

"I'm concerned about the client side certificate required for use of SSL

with omniORB.

We'd like to use SSL with omniORB with server side certificates.  I=20
understand that omniORB requires a client side certificate ..."

In addition:
*=09Is it possible to configure the cipher suite used for the SSL
connection?
*=09Is it possible to examine the contents of the server certificate
at the client?

Any information, tips, reading, etc would be most appreciated.

Thanks, Ben.

This message, including any attachments, is intended only for the person(=
s) to whom it is addressed. If you received it in error, please let us kn=
ow and delete the message from your system. This message may be confident=
ial and may fall under the duty of non-disclosure. Any use by others than=
 the intended addressee is prohibited. Trema shall not be liable for any =
damage related to the electronic transmission of this message, such as fa=
ilure or delay of its delivery, interception or manipulation by third par=
ties, or transmission of viruses or other malicious code.