[omniORB] Problem cross compiling for ppc-linux

Alex Tingle alex.tingle at bronermetals.com
Thu Jul 15 15:16:00 BST 2004

Hi Klaus,

> omniidl uses python, but this doesn't like the _omniidlmodule.so since
> it
> is build for ppc. But if I cross compile python is doesn't run on x86
> during make process...  sounds like the problem with the chicken and
> the
> egg to me.

Nasty! That same problem has caused me loads of headaches in the past.

The root cause of the problem is that the build system considers
omniidl to be an integral part of the system, rather than a stand-alone
utility. You need to be able to build omniidl (and omkdepend)
separately from the omniORB libraries.

Do you have any enthusiasm for attacking the makefiles to implement
that change?

-Alex Tingle

--
Dammit Jim, I'm a programmer... not a mind reader!