[omniORB] omniNotify optimization when sender/receiver on same machine

Frederic Prin frederic.prin at silvaco.com
Tue Jul 6 17:17:31 BST 2004

Yes... I knew my question was stupid...!

But I'm looking for an issue on a Linux RH  EL3 64 bits port that makes
a 'receiver' programs (that runs fine on all my others platforms) not to
receive anything that comes from 'sender' programs except those that
runs on the same machine than the receiver runs on.
After investigation, the pb is located between the notifd (that can runs
on any platforms) and the receiver program.
Because, when compiling omniNotify2.1 I had to hack some files regarding
LongLong support:
- add #undef HAS_LongLong in RDIstrstream.h
- replace CORBA::ULong ts, tn; definition by unsigned long ts, tn; in
RDITimeWrappers.h for out_local() and out_gmt()
- same replacement as above in RDITimeWrappers.cc  in fmt_local() and

I suspect my hack especially regarding Long or LongLong management and
Any Long and LongLong support, since I think that omniNotify uses a lot
of Any for event data and filter management. But, in the same time, I
had to do the same hack for my solaris2.8 64bit platform that works
perfectly...!

I also suspect a mistake regarding little/big endian conversion on Linux
rh el3 64 bits

Finaly I also note that the ./configure program do not recognize my
Linux RHEL3 64bit platform (but succeed!)... And I don't know if it can
do something wrong ?
The fact is I had a lot of compil warnings regarding incompatible
pointer assigment or somethin'

So If you or the omniNotify guru has an idea, an hint or a direction in
which to look for something, I will really appreciate since I don't know
what to debug....!

Many thanks

Fred