[omniORB] SystemException

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Jul 6 15:39:23 BST 2004

On Monday 5 July, Baron Moenghausen wrote:

> Alex Tingle wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 09:59:42 +0300
> >Baron Moenghausen <apothek at ukr.net> wrote:
> >
> >>I'm starting eg2_clt example (with IOR string as par of
> >>course), I have CORBA::SystemException.
> >
> >>omniORB: Client attempt to connect to giop:tcp:200.1.1.200:39199
> >>omniORB: AsyncInvoker: thread id = 1 has started. Total threads = 1
> >>omniORB: Scavenger task execute.
> >>omniORB: throw giopStream::CommFailure from
> >>   giopStream.cc:1070(0,NO,TRANSIENT_ConnectFailed)
> >>omniORB: omniRemoteIdentity deleted.
> >>
> >Looks like you are not running the server. Try running the server
> >(./eg2_impl) in one terminal, and then go to another terminal and run
> >the client (./eg2_clt).

> No, It was giopRendezvouser listed on OTHER port than client reffered.
> Then I correct endPoint in omniORB.cfg (giop:tcp:200.1.1.200: 39199)
> I've successfuly run eg3_ctl example (that earlier did not work). But on
> eg2_ctl after changing cfg-file I have OBJECT_NOT_EXIST throw. Also in
> boa example: _impl listen on OTHER port even after my changes in
> omniORB.cfg. How to correct this stuff?

What you have written is completely incomprehensible, I'm afraid. You
should not configure anything to do with port numbers in omniORB.cfg
to run the eg2 examples.

To run eg2, you must run eg2_impl in one window. That prints a big
long IOR hex string. Then, while eg2_impl is still running, you must
run eg2_clt, giving it the IOR on its command line.