[omniORB] Memory footprint of omniORB 4.0.3 on Linux

W. Borgert debacle at debian.org
Sun Jul 4 19:03:44 BST 2004

Hi,

I have a huge application (with multiple processes and
multiple threads, both C++ and Python) on Linux (Debian
sarge, x86) and it eats all my memory (1G).  From omniORB
on Windows NT I know, that omniORB is relatively friendly
in respect to memory usage, so my question is:

Is omniORB typically eating a lot of memory on Linux and I
should just buy some gigs of RAM?

Or do I have to tune omniORB (e.g. via /etc/omniORB.cfg) so
that it is more friendly to my RAM?

Or is it more likely, that I did something wrong and have to
find my self-made memory problems?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, W. Borgert

P.S. Yes, I'm using collocation, where it's possible.