[omniORB] Java Applet problem with OmniORB Naming Service

Debasree Saha debasree at geosci.uchicago.edu
Sat Jul 3 10:20:27 BST 2004

Hi,

I am having problems running Applets and connecting to the OmniORB
naming service. The code gives error at this line:

org.omg.CORBA.Object objRef =
orb.resolve_initial_references("NameService");

But I can run a simple java client and connect to the same name server.
The applet does not work even when I run the server, client and the
name server on the same machine. Does anybody know if any changes has
to be made in the configuration file for the applets to work?
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Debasree