[omniORB] Fwd: How to make an application which is both an omniorb client and TAO server

renny.koshy at rubixinfotech.com renny.koshy at rubixinfotech.com
Thu Jul 1 15:51:30 BST 2004

Duncan:

We have had cases where we use third party libs which REQUIRE a *single*
thread to access them.  Access from any thread other than the one that
initialized the lib will cause the lib to go crazy (even when those
accesses are sequential).... In those cases, we've had to use a
"worker-thread" model to de-couple the ORB threads and mux them into the
single main thread....

Having a reactor would eliminate the need for this kind of a work-around
in those cases.

Regards

Renny Koshy

Duncan Grisby <duncan at grisby.org>