[omniORB] omniorb-4.0.3 in windows 2003

Narayan Annamalai narayan_annamalai at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 17:33:27 GMT 2004

Hi all,

    I am fairly new to omniorb. Here is what I did:
1. obtained the binary of omniorb-4.0.3 for win32 and
set it up in windows 2003.
2. wrote a c++ app. and compiled under vc7 that
establishes a service
3. omniNames executes fine in the specified port
4. but the app. fails throwing an access violation
supposedly from the ORB.
Now my question is does omniORB-4.0.3 work fine in
windows 2003 in the first place, beacause the readme
file says it has not been tested with 2003. If it
does, will it be an issue of using ORB dlls compiled
in vc6 with the c++ app. dlls compiled in vc7.

any comments, suggestions is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Narayan.