[omniORB] Object to URI

Serguei Kolos Serguei.Kolos at cern.ch
Thu Jan 29 10:18:57 GMT 2004

Kevin Wooten wrote:

>CORBA does not specify that, so even if it was available it wouldn't be
>standard.

Yes, I know this. But for me it's not a problem if only omniORB would have a
proprietary interface for doing that.

>Corbaloc's are for permanent objects, and as such can easily be
>generated by humans. When you initialize the ORB you have to nail down the
>orbs port, and as such you can now create a corbaloc.

This is not quite true because I also have to know how the object key is
constructed.
As far as I know there is no way of doing that apart from learning this
from particular ORB's
source code.
By the way this raises the question about usefulness of the corbaloc -
how one can
construct a reference without having a standard for the object key
generation?