[omniORB] ORB interoperability through firewalls using SOCKS

Rui Vaz (TELBIT) telbit-r-vaz at ptinovacao.pt
Tue Jan 27 19:26:12 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I need to use SOCKS firewall.
SOCKS consists of a SOCKS proxy server and a client side library.
In the client program the normal network calls of the socket-interface have
to be replaced by the corresponding calls of this SOCKS library.
This process is called 'socksification'.
I need to 'socksify' the CORBA ORB, omniORB4 or omniOR3.

Thus anyone done something with SOCKS proxy/Firewall? This is
easy/complicated?
What´s the lib TCP used by the omniORB that i have to replace by libSOCKS?
Is that permited with omniORB??? How i use SOCKS with omniORB? Someone can
give me a paper or an url where i can read something about this?
Thanks in advanced,

RVaz