[omniORB] Using windows Omni* Static libs instead of DLL

Frederic Prin frederic.prin at silvaco.com
Tue Jan 27 18:12:48 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I'm using MSVC6 and omniORB-4.0.3+omniNotify-2.0.0 (latest) on a W2k
plstform.

Our in-house make system uses /MT{d} to build libs (static and dll).
In order the omniORB-4.0.3 libraries to be compliant with our in-house
make system,
I have modified the omni makefiles (win32.mk) to use /MT{d} for both
static and dll.

I was able to build all the omni* libs and daemons with this settings.
I am also able to build programs against the omni* DLL but with /MDd
(the omni samples also works but they use the omni DLL)

But I'm not able to build programs linked against omni* static lib using
/MT{d} !

Although I add LIBCMTd.LIB, I get the following link errors:
Linking...
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol "_getenv" imported
omniORB4d.lib(poa.o) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp___getpid
Etc... (all the missing symbols comes from libcmt.lib)

This is my settings (extract):
Preprocessor def:
_CONSOLE,_WINSTATIC,__WIN32__,__x86__,_WIN32_WINNT=0x0400,__NT__,__OSVER
SION__=4
Use Runtime Library: 	Debug Multithreaded (/MTd)
Object/library module: 	LIBCMTd.LIB omniORB4d.lib omniDynamic4d.lib
omnithreadd.lib COSNotify4d.lib COS4d.lib COSDynamic4d.lib ws2_32.lib
advapi32.lib
Ignore libraries: 	MSVCRTd

Is there someone with the same weird needs that already face this pb
!!??

Thanks very much for your help

Fred

                              (