[omniORB] RE: SHUTDOWN NOT WORKING PIII

West Suhanic giraffe911 at rogers.com
Thu Jan 22 16:50:56 GMT 2004

Hi All:

I have traced through the source to see where things are not working
for my environment: RH7.3, kernel 2.4.18-3, gcc2.96 .

Everything in corbaOrc.cc, shutdown gets executed up to and including
line 1004 in the method void omniOrbORB::actual_shutdown(). Line 1004
is "omniORB::logs(10, "ORB shutdown is complete.");". After this point,
because I am running with the trace level set to 40 I get the following stuff
in the log:

omniORB: ORB not destroyed; no final clean-up.
omniORB: AsyncInvoker: thread id = 4 has exited. Total threads = 3
omniORB: AsyncInvoker: thread id = 2 has exited. Total threads = 2
omniORB: AsyncInvoker: thread id = 1 has exited. Total threads = 1

I can only suggest that the pthread_cond_broadcast invoked from
shutdownAsyncInvoker() is not functioning properly in my set-up.
Can anyone make a suggestion?

regards,

west