[omniORB] Assertion Faults

Sandy Scott sscott at marathontechnologies.com
Wed Jan 21 14:49:44 GMT 2004

I just solved this same problem, although I am using Visual Studio .NET 2003
(the VC++ 7.1 compiler).  The issue that I ran into was caused by the fact
that we were linking our code with the Multithreaded run time library,
whereas omniORB 4.0.3 was linked with the Multithreaded DLL runtime library.
That is, we were linking statically, whereas omniORB was linked dynamically
with the MSVCRTL.  You cannot mix versions of the RTL, because heap
management is different.  Be sure your Visual Studio 6.0 setting is correct:
in the Project Settings, on the C++ property page, choose "Category: Code
Generation" and under "Run Time Library" select "Multithreaded DLL."  Once I
made sure all our our DLLs were doing the same thing, we quit seeing these
debug asserts.

Good luck,
Sandy Scott