[omniORB] Subject: using omniOrb within an interface- DLL, MFC-applicatin using interface-Dll, crash in finalCleanup.h;

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Jan 21 17:17:22 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 20 January, "Schlemm, Peter S-IS-RD-I3" wrote:

> In case of the MFC-application, the shutdown of the software brings
> up a crash in the omniOrb-finalCleanup.h file;
>
> It seems the clean-up part of the omniOrb is calling a second
> time. After relasing the Interface Dll, I could see, the orb is
> properly shut down, no orb- task is running but when Microsoft is
> cleaning ub the omniOrb's finalCleanup is calling again.

The final clean-up runs when the last object file to have #included
anything to do with omniORB is unloaded. Make sure that nothing left
after omniORB is unloaded has #included anything to do with omniORB.

If that doesn't help, and the problem is caused when your application
exits, you can most likely avoid the problem by not calling
orb->destroy().  That will mean the final clean-up won't try to run.
Failing to destroy the ORB won't do any harm if your application is
exiting anyway.