[omniORB] status of 4.1

Urs Muff umuff at QUARK.com
Wed Jan 21 09:07:17 GMT 2004

umuff at quark.com and delete the original transmission, its attachments, and
any copies without reading or saving in any manner. Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Duncan Grisby [mailto:duncan at grisby.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 9:03 AM
To: Urs Muff
Cc: omniorb-list at omniorb-support.com
Subject: Re: [omniORB] status of 4.1

On Wednesday 14 January, Urs Muff wrote:

> I'm new to this list.  Does anyone have an idea/indicator when 4.1 could
be
> release; ballpark figure would be fine.

That depends on what features are going into 4.1. What are you looking
for?

I am currently working on objects by value support. It's nearly
finished, and should be in beta in a couple of weeks. I haven't yet
decided whether to release a version 4.1 just for that, or whether to
wait until some other things are done, like portable interceptors,
AMI, local interfaces, etc. Does anyone have any opinions?