[omniORB] Protable interceptors in OmniORB missing

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Jan 21 15:59:09 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 13 January, "Marciniak, Zbigniew, Dr." wrote:

> as far as I can understand, the portable interceptors are not
> supported in the current omniORB (4.0.3) version.
> Is that correct?

Yes, that is correct.

>  Are there any plans and/or interests to implement
> this part of the CORBA specification?

There is a general plan, but no definite timescale. The intention is
that PI can be implemented on top of the omniORB interceptors, as a
stand-alone library. I think there might need to be a few small
additions to the omniORB interceptors before that's possible, but
that's the aim.

If anyone wants to volunteer to implement PI as a stand-alone library
like this, that would be great...

> Are there any examples where the use of omniORB interceptors is
> explained? Where can I find them?

No simple examples, I'm afraid. The interceptors are documented in the
omniORB manual. Some of the interception points are used internally to
omniORB, so you can see examples of them in use by searching for
omniInterceptors in the ORB library source.