[omniORB] omniORB 4.0.2 & omniNames startup

Jon Lochner jlochner at optonline.net
Mon Jan 19 17:47:07 GMT 2004

For those who care:

There is an issue with the way omniORB detects the local interface
addresses on FreeBSD.

After removing if_ppp, if_sl, and if_faith from the kernel, ifconfig
only shows the loop back interface and the ethernet interface.

omniNames starts up claiming to be listening no addresses, however it no
longer warns about only servicing local clients.  I can now connect from
a remote machine!

--
Jon Lochner
Netguyz