[omniORB] Application using OmiORB4 exiting without core...

Craig Rodrigues crodrigu at bbn.com
Sun Jan 18 12:17:03 GMT 2004

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 09:48:57AM -0000, shashi bhushan singh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am facing some issues in using OmniOrb4 library on Linux. Sometimes
> my application exits without any core file getting generated. Exit
> code of the application seems to suggest that the app received either
} SIGABRT(some times...) or SIGSEGV(some times...). Has someone faced such
} an issue ? Any pointers ???  >

You didn't give information about the compiler version
or Linux version that you are using.  That info could be helpful.

If you are crashing and not getting a core file, there could be
a few reasons:
- some versions of Linux kernels did not generate core files
  if a signal was received in a thread
- your shell (bash, tcsh, etc.) may be limiting the size of core
  files (type limit, or ulimit to find out)

One useful tool for finding these kinds of problems
is Valgrind: http://valgrind.kde.org

--
Craig Rodrigues        Distributed Systems and Logistics, Office 6/325A
crodrigu at bbn.com       BBN Technologies, a Verizon company