[omniORB] Which omniORB works well with omniNotify ?

Frederic Prin frederic.prin at silvaco.com
Fri Jan 16 10:56:12 GMT 2004

Hello all,

I was using omniORB-4.0.1 on (Linux RH7.1, RH9, Solaris 5.8- 32 and 64
bits, HPUX11, NT4, W2k)
With omniNotify 2.0.ALPHA .

It works well together for all platforms except for Windows. Notifd.exe
crash when the EventChannel is narrowed.
(
	CORBA::Object_var channel_obj = init_naming_context->resolve(
event_channel_name ) ;
	event_channel = CosNotifyChannelAdmin::EventChannel::_narrow(
channel_obj ) ;) <<<< throw exception and crash notifd
)

I read on the omniNotify web site that omniNotify 2.0 alpha may not
compile or run properly with omniORB-4.0.1.

I am in the process of upgrading omniORB to 4.0.3.

What version of omniNotify do you preconize to use with omniORB-4.0.3.

Thanks for your help

Fred

                              (
     Frédéric Prin          )