[omniORB] omniORB over SSH w/ port forwarding?

Dietmar May dcmay at dmis.com
Wed Jan 14 13:34:57 GMT 2004

> > Is it possible to use omniORB with SSH using the port
> > forwarding feature of
> > SSH?
>
> Do you need callbacks (both ends acting as both client and server)?

No, one server and (possibly multiple) client(s).

> If you have one end that is 'pure client' and the other 'pure
> server', then
> which end is going to initiate the tunnel?

The client end.

> I'm guessing that you have a server running inside a firewall,
> and you want
> to tunnel in through the firewall to use your client remotely.

Correct, although it's not so much about getting through the firewall as
just establishing an encrypted connection across the internet. I'm looking
for an alternative to SSL (I presume that the omniORB SSL implementation is
not interoperable with other ORBs) and VPN's (which require some client-side
administration to setup).

Dietmar