[omniORB] differentiating Cos services libs install

Rene Jager renej.frog at yucom.be
Wed Jan 7 19:36:10 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 17:10, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> > at the moment for example I need de CosPropertyService stuff and it's
> > not in the libCOS4.so since it is not configured when building (from a
> > .src.rpm).
>
> Which RPM are you using?

4.0.3-1

>  Fractionating the RPM set into *very* small
> pieces does not strike me as particularly useful in today's computing
> environment, but perhaps there are others who find the current set too
> large too?

it's no problem on my desktop(s)/laptop/etc, but the AGVs I have to
install on also only have flashdisks (getting bigger these days, but not
by far comparable with normal computing env). On the AGV platform I only
need CosPropertyService and CosNaming from COS lib. That's one reason.
The other is that libCOS[Dynamic]4 doesn't tell you what's in it. In my
case I found out that CosPropertyService stuff is not included. That's
the reason I'd like to have a split-up in libraries.
BTW I think that an "omni" prefix should be used for COS lib(s) (e.g.
libomniCOS4 i.o. libCOS4) becase it only works with omniORB4. I'd prefer
libomniCosPropertyService4, libomniCosNaming4, etc
I too think that having all those omniORB4-Cos*[-devel]-4.0.3-2.i386.rpm
will be somewhat too much... but at least one knows what is installed
and what you have to link with.

just wanna to know some opinions on this

renej