[omniORB] omniORBpy: Problem with enumerations

Sebastian Rittau srittau at jroger.in-berlin.de
Tue Jan 6 15:28:51 GMT 2004

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 02:58:07PM +0100, W. Borgert wrote:

> Strange indeed.  I was able to reproduce this behaviour on
> Solaris 5.8 (*).  However, I commented out the 'import omniORB'
> and 'omniORB.importIDL(...)' lines in both server1.py and
> enumobjimpl.py and it works.  Still strange.

You are right. I just tried to use precompiled IDL files instead of
importing them at run time and everything works fine. What I personally
find especially strange that this affects only enumerations.

After a brief look at the importIDL definition I can't see anything
wrong with it (though I'm neither a omniORB nor a Python internals
expert). Could this even be a bug in Python itself. (I tested this with
Python 2.2 as well and the same problem existed.)

 - Sebastian