[omniORB] deleting active servants

baileyk at schneider.com baileyk at schneider.com
Mon Jan 5 08:37:37 GMT 2004

Just because you want to unload your servant class implementations, does
not mean you need to unload all base classes upon which your servant
classes depend.  I've suggested a new mixin class to replace
RefCountServantBase (which is never unloaded unless somehow you unload all
of omniORB).  That's all.  I haven't seen any argument that shows why that
won't work for you.

Good luck,
Kendall

                      Pánczél Levente
                      <Levente.Panczel at co        To:       <baileyk at schneider.com>, "OmniORB support"
                      mpuworx.hu>                 <omniorb-list at omniorb-support.com>
                                                 cc:
                      01/05/2004 07:13 AM        Fax to:
                                                 Subject:  RE: [omniORB] deleting active servants

Hi again

I think we're just about to get to the point:
Kendall, you said
"You cut off the quote.  I said it should not be in any shared object
*which will be unloaded*."
And that's the point. I need some of my servant classes to reside in shared
objects WICH CAN BE UNLOADED ON DEMAND.

Panczel, Levente