[omniORB] omniORBpy: Problem with enumerations

Sebastian Rittau srittau at jroger.in-berlin.de
Mon Jan 5 13:29:43 GMT 2004

Hi!

I've got a strange problem with omniORBpy (version 2.3, omniORB version
4.0.3):

Please condider the attached code fragments server1.py and
enumomniimpl.py. If I start server1.py and connect to it using the
attached client.py, I will get the following error output from the
client:

  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./client.py", line 17, in ?
      print eo._get_en()
    File "/tmp/tmpQmz2ld", line 55, in _get_en
  omniORB.CORBA.BAD_PARAM: Minor: BAD_PARAM_WrongPythonType, COMPLETED_MAYBE.

If on the other hand I start server2.py everything works fine. The only
difference between these two implementations is that in the former the
object is implemented in a separate module, while in the latter it is
implemented in the main server module. Am I doing something wrong or is
this a strange bug?

Please note that this problem exists only with enum return values; other
return types work well.

 - Sebastian