[omniORB] OmniORB-4.0.3 build on LinuxRH7 and 9

Dietmar May dcmay at dmis.com
Wed Feb 25 08:20:59 GMT 2004

OmniORB-4.0.3 build on LinuxRH7 and 9Hello Fred,

You should be able to build an RPM from the tar file:
  rpmbuild -ta omniORB-4.0.3.tar.gz

You'll need the rpm-build package installed on your machine (or you will
have no rpmbuild command :-).

That should create an RPM file in your /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386 directory,
which you can install using:
  rpm -Uhv omniORB-4.0.3.i386.rpm

Oh, one more thing - the omniNames script in /etc/init.d does not get
executable perms when installed. You'll need to run:
  chmod +x /etc/init.d/omniName

This is all from memory, but it should be close enough to get you going.

If all else fails, and you're not able to build from the tar file, I can
send you an SRPM and/or RPM file (if you can receive 3MB e-mail attachments
:-).

Dietmar