[omniORB] Multiple Inheritence and threading.Thread

Joe Bronkema joseph.d.bronkema at lmco.com
Mon Feb 23 07:40:57 GMT 2004

Thomas A. Moulton wrote:

> I am using omniORBpy2.3.  I am writing a class that inherits from both
> an IDL generated class and threading.Thread.  I am encountering a
> situation in which I receive an exception when I try to get the object
> reference from an instance of this class.  If I don't inherit from
> threading.Thread I don't encounter this exception.  The definition of
> the class is showcased through the following code excerpt...

I ran into this same problem when I moved from Python 2.2 to Python
2.3.  I didn't look into it too deeply, so I could be wrong, but my
guess is that Python 2.3 uses a "new style" class for threading.Thread,
and the IDL-generated class uses an "old style" class.

My work-around was to either have either the thread or the CORBA class
be a member of the other, and delegate methods as needed.