[omniORB] omniORB4.0.3 size limit on Any

Ken Garner KGarner at lightwave.com
Wed Feb 18 14:14:49 GMT 2004

Is there a limit on the size of an Any object in OmniOrb4?  My platform
is Win32.

Consider the following simple code example:

CORBA::Any anyStruct;

IdlObjectFoo Foo;

getFoo(Foo);                              // Sets all members of
IdlObjectFoo to valid value.  Observed to be correct in debugger.

anyStruct <<= Foo;

IdlObjectFoo* pFoo;

anyStruct >>= pFoo;                  // *pFoo no longer matches values
prior to conversion to/from Any.

The size of the IdlObjectFoo object is 4736 bytes.  When I observe *pFoo
after the >>= operation, the first 3,689 bytes have been extracted
correctly (Number of correct bytes is repeatable).  The rest is garbage.
This code used to work when IdlObjectFoo was ~1500 bytes smaller.  This
makes me suspect I've run into a size limit.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Ken

Kenneth L. Garner