[omniORB] EnumItem problems in omniORBpy2.3

Jakub Moscicki Jakub.Moscicki at cern.ch
Tue Feb 10 18:15:26 GMT 2004

Hello,

I tried to port my application to omniORBpy2.3 and I run into the
following problem:

>>> DIANE_CORBA.ok == DIANE_CORBA.ok
1
>>> DIANE_CORBA.ok == None
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File
"/afs/cern.ch/project/asddat/lhcxx/kuba/DIANE/specific/redhat73/gcc32/external/omniORB-4.0.3/lib/python2.2/site-packages/__init__.py",
line 481, in __cmp__
    # Empty file
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '_v'

DIANE_CORBA.ok is an enum in DIANE_CORBA IDL module:

module DIANE_CORBA
{
  enum task_status_t {ok, app_error, dxp_error, diane_error};
}

Before it was working fine for me.

I realized that a few new lines were added in the file
lib/python2.2/site-packages/omniORB/__init__.py

479
480         def __cmp__(self, other):
481             return cmp(self._v, other._v)

So this explains the new behavior of EnumItems.

Question: is this new behavior intentional or a bug?

Thank you for your answer...

kuba