[omniORB] build fails on cygwin with g++

Wolfgang Glas wolfgang.glas at ev-i.at
Thu Dec 30 10:56:31 GMT 2004

Am Donnerstag 30 Dezember 2004 09:32 schrieb Jari Lappalainen:
> I'm building omniORB-4.0.5 on cygwin with g++. The build fails.
> The same failure occurs with omniORB-4.0.3. with OmniORB/Cygwin patch
> at
>

> http://www.omniorb-support.com/pipermail/omniorb-list/2003-December/024759.
>html

[snip]

> I executed the omniorb configure script without any options and it had
> no error messages.

Hi Jari,

  The mingw build modifies the original build procedure of omniORB, as it was
used throughout the  omniORB-3.x series and which is still alive in
omniORB-4.0.x

  So the new configure-based system doies noit work on MinGW, as you might
have seen from your compiler output, it assumes a UNIX-like System (e.g it
searches for .so files instead of .dll files...)

  You should stick to notes in README.win32 (especially the MINGW specific
parts), which should guide you through the build procedure.

  Best regards,

     Wolfgang