[omniORB] ORBendPoint for dynamic interface configuration

Kiesswetter, Florian (Florian) fkiesswe at lucent.com
Tue Dec 21 08:14:14 GMT 2004

> Hello,
>
> we are using omniORB 4.0.3 on VxWorks 5.5 target with two (TCP/IP)
> interfaces. One of the interface is configured dynamically via DHCP, one is
> configured at startup.

1. Is it possible to initialize the ORB with an endPoint
> at startup (using the already available interface) so that the dynamic
> interface can also be served (using the same port) during runtime?
> I expected if I use an endPoint=giop:tcp::<port> that the ORB is listening
> on the specified port on all available interfaces, but this dosen't work.

2. Is it really necessary to shutdown/destroy the ORB to support interfaces
> which are dynamically configured after the ORB has been initialized?
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Florian

				Lucent Technologies  O
				Bell Labs Innovations

Florian Kießwetter		Dept.:	FLI64, NodeB SW Dev.
Thurn-und-Taxis-Str. 10		Phone:	+49 911 526 3927
D-90411 Nürnberg, Germany		Fax:	+49 911 526 3856
Room 4 - 114  			mailto:fkiesswe at lucent.com