[omniORB] client side logging

Stefan Näwe naewe.s at atlas.de
Mon Dec 13 14:19:36 GMT 2004

Birgit Rahm schrieb:
> Hello,
> I start my omniORB from python using omniORBpy. I can not set the
> commandline argument, I can only set the configuration file.

I don't understand that!
Why can't you pass commandline arguments to your app.?
When you call 'python myApp' you can also call
'python myApp -ORBxyz1234' can't you ?

-OR-

Somewhere in your Python code you must be doing something like:

    orb = CORBA.ORB_init(sys.argv, CORBA.ORB_ID)

Try modifying sys.argv (or a copy of it) to contain the needed '-ORBxyz'
argument. (I'm not a Python expert, I must admit!)

> How I can redirekt it to  a file? I dont know.

python myapp > logfile

Stefan
Stefan Naewe                                     ATLAS Elektronik GmbH
                                                          Dept.: NUS T4
phone: +49-(0)421-457-3969                Sebaldsbruecker Heerstr. 235
fax:   +49-(0)421-457-3913                                28305 Bremen