AW: [omniORB] Problem compiling with wstrings on Windows..

Barthel Marco (MPA/DS) Marco.Barthel at comergo.com
Mon Dec 13 12:05:36 GMT 2004

> Hello all. I just started making use of a new series of
> objects on our windows environment, and i'm getting linker
> errors now when I try to compile the project.

We had similar problems. The problem is that wstring stuff is either
represented as wchar_t or unsigned short.

In VC++ 7.1 there is an options called

"Treat wchar_t as Built-in Type" (C/C++ - Language)

In Omniorb wstring is mapped to an array of unsigned short.
There is also Code in omniorb which supports a mapping to wchar_t.

In your application the option above is probably set to true.
You should build your application and the ORB with the same mapping.

-marco