[omniORB] Question concerning the naming service!

Stefan Näwe naewe.s at atlas.de
Tue Dec 7 11:22:40 GMT 2004

Stefan Näwe wrote:
> concat833 at yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> Hi list,
>> I have a question concerning naming service.
>> The name comprises 2 parts: id and kind. My question is: The id must
>
>  > be unique or only the full name (id and kind) must be unique.
>
>> Thank you all.
>

>  From "Advanced CORBA Programming with C++" (18.5.5 Name Equivalence,
> p.779):
>
>   "Two name components are equivalent only if they have identical
>    id and kind fields."

Which defines the uniqueness, I should add.

And:
   "Within a particular context, name bindings are unique (each binding
    can appear only once within its parent context)."

Stefan
Stefan Naewe                                     ATLAS Elektronik GmbH
                                                          Dept.: NUS T4
phone: +49-(0)421-457-3969                Sebaldsbruecker Heerstr. 235
fax:   +49-(0)421-457-3913                                28305 Bremen