[omniORB] dumb question :)

JHJE (Jan Holst Jensen) jhje at novonordisk.com
Sun Dec 5 22:01:09 GMT 2004

> Subject: [omniORB] dumb question :)
>
> if i need to have an omniorb server and a jacorb applet on
> different machines,
> do i need to have jacorb installed on the client machine? thanks

I did this successfully a few years back using the java version of
Orbix, and I assume that using JacOrb will be no different. Basically
your applet needs to be able to download the ORB classes from the web
server that provides the applet. Think it was something like pointing to
a JAR file (containing the ORB classes) on the server somewhere in the
HTML, but it's been a long time...

So: No, you should not need to have the orb installed on the client.
They will be downloaded as-needed if your web page is configured
correctly.

Hope this helps

-- Jan Holst Jensen, Novo Nordisk A/S, Denmark