[omniORB] How can I move the naming service to a new host?

Alex Tingle alex.tingle at bronermetals.com
Thu Aug 26 18:41:18 BST 2004

I have a running instance of omniNames that contains a set of bindings
that I don't want to lose. I want to turn off omniNames' host machine,
and move the service to a new machine, with a new IP.

The most obvious solution is to just copy across the omniname-XXX.log
file. However, I'm pretty sure that won't work, because the log file
contains the IORs of naming contexts. These IORs will be different on
the new machine.

Should I write a python script to iterate through the old naming
service and make corresponding bindings in the new naming service, or
is there a simpler way?

Answers on a postcard...

-Alex Tingle

--
Dammit Jim, I'm a programmer... not a mind reader!