[omniORB] Publishing IORs with various endpoints (IP) for the same object

Kiesswetter, Florian (Florian) fkiesswe at lucent.com
Thu Aug 26 16:36:17 BST 2004

I am running omniORB 4.0.3 on a target with various interfaces, which can be
configured dynamically. Therefore not all endpoints are known at ORB_init().
Now I want to publish the IORs of my servants to different clients (trying
to connect via different interfaces). As I am not able to use a DNS I have
to put the IP of the various interfaces into the IOR. And the difficulty is
that I want to give one client an IOR containing the IP of interface A and
the other client the IP of the interface B.

How can I achieve to get IORs with endpoint information (only the IP) which
has not been set during ORB_init()?
Is it possible to modify the endPoint parameter at runtime?
Is there any proprietary method (something like bind()) to create temporary
object references which allows to specify a different endPoint? (I just need
this reference to publish the IOR in a NameService)
Is there any method to modify the parameters of an already stringified IOR?

I really appreciate any answer to one of my questions.
Thanks in advance,
Florian

				Lucent Technologies  O
				Bell Labs Innovations

Florian Kießwetter		Dept.:	FLI64, NodeB SW Dev.
Thurn-und-Taxis-Str. 10		Phone:	+49 911 526 3927
D-90411 Nürnberg, Germany		Fax:	+49 911 526 3856
Room 4 - 114  			mailto:fkiesswe at lucent.com