[omniORB] Newbie: OmniOrb tutorial and TAO

renny.koshy at rubixinfotech.com renny.koshy at rubixinfotech.com
Fri Aug 20 11:10:00 BST 2004

I would say omniORB is better for a beginner than TAO...  I tried TAO and:

        - It takes forever *and a lot of disk-space* to compile/build TAO
        - It forces you into their programming paradigm
        - It is overkill if you just want an ORB

omniORB is "sweet & simple"
        - Easy to get, compile and use
        - No baggage associated with it... program however you like
        - Clean implementation (it is an ORB nothing more, nothing less)

That's my $0.02 worth...

Renny Koshy
President & CEO

RUBIX Information Technologies, Inc.