[omniORB] Correct values of Persistent and BestEffort

Tötterman Petri Petri.Totterman at novogroup.com
Wed Aug 18 17:11:43 BST 2004

$TOP/idl/COS/CosNotification.idl:

        const string EventReliability = "EventReliability";
        const short BestEffort = 0;
        const short Persistent = 1;

        const string ConnectionReliability = "ConnectionReliability";
        // Can take on the same values as EventReliability

        const string Priority = "Priority";
        const short LowestPriority = -32767;
        const short HighestPriority = 32767;
        const short DefaultPriority = 0;

$TOP/build/src/services/mklib/CosNotification.hh (after make veryclean;
make)

 _CORBA_MODULE_VAR _core_attr const char * EventReliability;
  _CORBA_MODULE_VARINT const CORBA::Short BestEffort _init_in_decl_( = 0 );
  _CORBA_MODULE_VARINT const CORA::Short Persistent _init_in_decl_( = 0 );
  _CORBA_MODULE_VAR _core_attr const char * ConnectionReliability;
  _CORBA_MODULE_VAR _core_attr const char * Priority;
  _CORBA_MODULE_VARINT const CORBA::Short LowestPriority _init_in_decl_( = 0
);
  _CORBA_MODULE_VARINT const CORBA::Short HighestPriority _init_in_decl_( =
0 );
  _CORBA_MODULE_VARINT const CORBA::Short DefaultPriority _init_in_decl_( =
0 );

I need to use the Persistent and BestEffort values frequently in my code.
How can I be sure to use the correct values?
Should I be worried?

Best regards
Petri Tötterman