[omniORB] Binary OSX Packages?

Asa MacWilliams macwilli at in.tum.de
Tue Aug 17 13:07:31 BST 2004

Hi,

sorry for not responding earlier, I had overlooked your message...

We have used OmniORB, OmniNotify and OmniORBpy on Mac OS X, and have installed
them using fink. For this, we put together some fink info files; they're
described here (among a bunch of other software):

http://wwwbruegge.in.tum.de/DWARF/MacOSXFinkPackages

I'm not sure how up-to-date the files are, though.

Note that we have put together fink files only for OmniORB and OmniNotify, not
for OmniORBpy - that has to be compiled separately and linked _statically_
against libOmniORB4 (by temporarily moving libOmniORB4.dylib away during the
build process). This is due to a bug in the Mac OS X dynamic linker.

> Does anyone know where to find some binary OSX packages? For both Jaguar
> and Panther? Preferably both omniORB and omniORBpy. I did some digging
> online and couldn't find any.

Good luck,
Asa
--

|\ /\ /| Dipl.-Inf. Asa MacWilliams      TU Muenchen, Institut fuer Informatik