[omniORB] 0mniNames hangs using 100% CPU.

Anders Peter Fugmann afu at fugmann.net
Fri Aug 13 12:28:48 BST 2004

Hi,

In our production environment, we have startet to see that the omniNames
server (omniOrb 4.0.3), hangs while using 100% cpu. This has now happend
twice this month. We have about 200 corba services running, and about 20
clients.

We have never seen these problems in out development environment, but of
course the load is not near our production environment. We have made a
stress test of the corba services in out development environment, but
never saw any problems.

As a sidenote, one of our own corba services have also shown this
behaviour just once long time ago, but the two problems may be unrelated.

As the problem only occurs in out production environment, I have no way
of producing more detailed information.

Have anyone seen this kind of error before or hanve an idea how toavoid
it? Any suggenstion greatly appreciated. I can send more information
(configuration files etc.) if nessesarry.

Kind regards
Anders Fugmann